Monday, September 18, 2006

Marry a man who can fix things....

My husband asked me last week.. as he put the finishing touches on a "DIY" project... "Honey, would you still love me if I couldn't fix your appliances anymore?".

I was shaken! Not fix things anymore!

Until he'd said that.. I didn't realize what an integral part of our relationship his "fix-it" personality was.

My answer was "I don't know, let's not find out.. ok?".

Seriously though.... marrying a man who not only CAN, but DOES fix things is the most frugal thing I've ever done.

Not that I put much thought towards frugal living back then.. but the fact remains...

Single people... consider your spouse-to-be's ways... are they like Solomons industrious ant? or are they talentless, slacker sluggards who'll just call a repairman or charge a new washing machine the first time it hiccups.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is an idea: Don't marry anyone if they cannot afford handy man. Life is too short.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home